Five questions on recent news. You know what to do. House points on offer. Quiz closes at 9pm on Sunday 13th November.
- Which British Tennis player became World Number One after winning the Paris Masters?
- Who won the election to be the new President of the United States of America and which political party do they represent?
- The makers of which triangular chocolate bar announced that it was redesigning the shape and reducing the weight of its 400 gram bar?
- The Sub1 Reloaded robot set a new record by taking just 0.637 seconds to do what this week?
- Which department store launched their new Christmas TV advert this week containing Buster the dog?
Here are 5 more questions about recent news events. 2 house points for the first to get 5 out of 5, and a point to every else getting maximum marks.
Quiz closes at 10pm on Sunday 30th October. No comments will be approved until then.
- Which singer stormed off stage during a concert in Manchester due to excessive screaming from the audience?
- The Russian tennis player Svetlana Kuznetsova did what during a changeover in a match against Agnieszka Radwanska at the WTA Finals in Singapore?
- It was announced that which British airport was going to get a third runway this week?
- Which Northampton Saints rugby player has been recalled to the England squad for autumn matches against South Africa, Fiji, Argentina and Australia?
- What are the first names of the three finalists in the Great British Bake-Off?
Here is this week’s 5 questions on recent news events. Quiz will close at 10pm on Tuesday 25th. No comments will be approved until then so blog as many times as you need to. First to get 5 out of 5 will get 2 house points. Others getting 5 out of 5 will get one point.
- Which female British heptathlete and former Olympic champion announced her retirement from the sport?
- Which type of animal, which was the oldest ever kept in captivity, died at the age of 38 (over 100 in human terms) at the Ocean Park theme park in Hong Kong?
- The actress Jean Alexander recently passed away at the age of 90. In which soap opera did she play the part of Hilda Ogden between 1964 and 1987?
- What is the name of the console unveiled by Nintendo this week?
- Which French side did Northampton Saints beat in the European Champions Cup last Saturday?
Here are another 5 questions about the week’s news. House point on offer!
- Which singer quit Strictly Come Dancing this week?
- Sales of which phone were suspended after reports that they were catching fire?
- Which Northamptonshire cricketer top-scored with 63 in England’s One-Day International victory over Bangladesh?
- The King of which country died this week after 70 years as head of state?
- Which supermarket had a dispute with Unilever over the price of items such as Marmite and Pot Noodle?
Entries to the quiz will close at 10pm Sunday (16th).
Tried this just before the blog crashed, so let’s have another go.
Here are 5 questions on the week’s news. House point to the first to get 5 out of 5.
- Who did England beat 2-0 in a World Cup Qualifier on Saturday?
- Which 1980s band consisting of brothers Matt and Luke Goss announced their reunion this week?
- Contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya made sculptures to be displayed in an arts festival at the White House in Washington this week. What were they made from?
- Which computer game was the Norwegian prime minister caught playing during a debate in parliament this week?
- Marine biologists from Exeter University have discovered that cod have what?
Good luck. Feel free to get your families involved!